Generosity NEXT Registration Ends November 15
Spirited Generosity: Offering Vitality in the 21st Century is the topic for Generosity NEXT 2019, November 20-21, 2019. Receiving offerings has been an ongoing part of the church’s story, beginning with the earliest scripture texts. Generosity NEXT will explore the history and theology of the offering, its spiritual significance, and how faith communities can continue to make congregational giving a vital practice in 21st-century culture.
- Dr. L. Edward Phillips, Associate Professor of Worship and Liturgical Theology at Candler School of Theology, will present an historical and theological review of the offering in Judeo/Christian culture.
- Melvin Amerson, Stewardship Consultant for the Texas Methodist Foundation, will give a presentation about the offering as an act of worship, discipleship, and mission.
- Robert Hay Jr., Senior Ministry Relations Officer, Southeast for the Presbyterian Foundation, will share about the cultural influences on the offering including technology, generational differences, and the place of church in society.
- Stewardship and fundraising consultant Lori Guenther Reesor will share a presentation on best practices for the offering and how to make the offering a meaningful moment when faith communities gather.
Participate in Generosity NEXT onsite in Atlanta, Georgia; via live streaming; or at a live streaming site. Registration ends November 15.
November 8 Author Chat Features Growing Generous Souls
Tired of racing from one activity to another and from one church program to the next? Growing Generous Souls focuses on being stewards rather than compulsive doing and consuming, and connects our faith life with daily practice. Author Betsy Schwarzentraub gives an overview of the book, including how to use it in group studies throughout the year. Paired with its website, the book offers reflection questions and multiple resources to quit trying to “push stewardship” and instead grow ourselves and others as more generous souls.
Join Betsy on Friday, November 8, 2:00 p.m. Eastern time, 1:00 p.m. Central time, Noon Mountain time, 11:00 a.m. Pacific time to learn more about Growing Generous Stewards.
New Giving Magazine Looks at the Connection Between Stewardship and Generosity
Giving Magazine vol 21 no 4 looks at the connection between stewardship and generosity.Fifteen articles written by thought leaders and practitioners from nearly a dozen religious traditions explore:
- integrating a culture of generosity in your congregational life through biblical texts
- eliminating stumbling blocks to generosity like over-engagement in consumer culture
- practical guidance for giving practices in worship, giving and receiving donations from assets, and building effective stewardship and ministry teams
Your Giving Magazine subscription of just $25.00 gives you this issue and the three other issues published in 2019. Order today!
Support Our Ministry
Your gifts keep the resources, events, consulting services, and networking that the Ecumenical Stewardship Center accessible and affordable for all congregations and their leaders, helping them thrive as they learn to live generously. Thank you in advance for your generosity!