Giving: Growing Joyful Stewards in Your Congregation Volume 10 is titled “Blessed Be the Lord God” and is based on Luke 1:68. This theme invites congregations to meditate on the biblical songs of Advent as they discern their individual and household giving for the following year. Giving is a central theme in many Advent songs that is often overlooked. This theme focuses on restoring our response to the great gift of Jesus Christ.
Giving Volume 10 is packed with many outstanding reflective and practical articles to encourage generous giving and faithful stewardship. Articles and writers include:
- “Through the Eye of the Needle” by Rosemary Feerick, Don McClanen, and Bryan Sirchio;
- “The Power of Story: Stewardship Stories from the Community of Christ”;
- “Blessed Be the Lord God!” by Kamila Blessing;
- “The Church’s Seven Deadly Sins of Stewardship” by R. Scott Rodin;
- “Presents and Presence: Recognizing the Stewardship of Being a Godparent” by Lisa Kimball;
- “The Third Pocket of Giving” by Kirby Gould;
- “The Offering as an Act of Worship” by Barbara Fullerton.
The magazine includes a center section that outlines a simple response method for an annual congregational stewardship emphasis which can be used “as is” or supplemented with additional theme materials and companion resources. Search by theme in our web store for a complete list of materials that feature this theme.
Once payment is complete you shall receive an automatic email from the website entitled “Your Ecumenical Stewardship Center order from Month Day, Year is complete. This email will contain links to the product that you ordered.
If you ordered physical products as well then your order will not be considered complete until those items can be mailed out.