Giving: Growing Joyful Stewards in Your Congregation Volume 11 is titled “New Love, New Mercy” and is based on Lamentations 3:21-24. This scripture leads us to understand that even amidst our troubles, the steadfast love of the Lord never ceases. God’s mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning! The scripture resonates with people who have experienced suffering.
Giving Volume 11 is packed with many outstanding reflective and practical articles to encourage generous giving and faithful stewardship. Articles and writers include:
- “Godly Play Encourages Children to Explore Stewardship” by Amy Crawford;
- “What Are You Really Worth?” by Paul D. McLaughlin;
- “To Love is to Give: The Basics of Stewardship Theology” by Geunhee Yu;
- “Joyful Directions” by Barbara Fullerton;
- “In Ashes, Trust” by Betsy Schwarzentraub;
- “What a Three-Year-Old Taught Me about Giving” by Michele H. Morgan;
- “Stewardship Study: It Stars with Knowing How Much You’re Missing” by Scott Preissler;
- “Abundance Theology Has Its Limits” by Dan Hotchkiss;
- “The Best of Giving” by Ed Taylor.
The magazine includes a center section that outlines a simple response method for an annual congregational stewardship emphasis which can be used “as is” or supplemented with additional theme materials and companion resources. Search by theme in our web store for a complete list of materials that feature this theme. Discounts are available for 10 or more copies. Please reach out to us via phone at (855) 278-4ESC (4372) or by email.