Giving: Growing Joyful Stewards in Your Congregation Volume 13 is titled “Saints Alive! Living Generously” and is based on 1 Corinthians 16:1-4. To inspire people to give generously, it is important to connect them with their fruits of their giving. Givers need to know how their gifts change lives and bring joy as hurts are healed, the lost are found, and the hungry are fed. The evidence of how the love of Jesus Christ transforms lives through our gifts is the focus for this theme.
Giving Volume 13 is packed with many outstanding reflective and practical articles to encourage generous giving and faithful stewardship. Articles and writers include:
- “How Healthy Congregations Develop Generous People” by Peter Steinke;
- “How to Choose and Present Special Giving Opportunities” by Betsy Schwarzentraub;
- “Stewardship Then and Now” by Anthony B. Robinson;
- “A Checklist for the Financial Secretary” by Todd A. Adams;
- “Three Approaches to Financial Giving” by Ed Kruse.
The magazine includes a center section with an easy-to-use, adaptable congregational stewardship emphasis that can be used “as is” or supplemented with additional theme materials and companion resources. Search by theme in our web store for a complete list of materials that feature this theme. Discounts are available for 10 or more copies. Please reach out to us via phone at (855) 278-4ESC (4372) or by email.