Giving: Growing Joyful Stewards in Your Congregation Volume 6 is titled “Go and See” and is based on Mark 6:38 where we read about the evening Jesus astonished his disciples by using a few fish and a loaves of bread to feed thousands of men, women and children. This theme seeks to encourage participants to experience discovery and wonder through a mission festival.
Giving Volume 6 is packed with outstanding reflective and practical articles to encourage generous giving and faithful stewardship. Articles and writers include:
- “Enough” by Arthur Simon;
- “Helping Young Children Grow as Givers” by Elinor Swindle Brown;
- “Youth Have a Lot to Offer” by Sandy Lindahl;
- “Reflections on the Seven Acts of Mercy: Speaking of Congregational Endowments” by Norm Tellier;
- “Three Steps to a Successful Capital Fund Drive” by Wayne Antworth.
The magazine includes a center section that outlines a simple response method for an annual congregational stewardship emphasis which can be used “as is” or supplemented with additional theme materials and companion resources. Search by theme in our web store for a complete list of materials that feature this theme. Discounts are available for 10 or more copies. Please reach out to us via phone at (855) 278-4ESC (4372) or by email.