Giving: Growing Joyful Stewards in Your Congregation Volume 8 is titled “Common Hope, Common Trust” and is based on Psalm 18:28. This theme gathers God’s people for food and friendship around a common table. Shared meals become places for sharing joys, anxieties, and stories; for giving with a new sense of freedom, thankfulness, and community; praising God, who leads us from darkness into light and freedom.
Giving Volume 8 is packed with outstanding reflective and practical articles to encourage generous giving and faithful stewardship. Articles and writers include:
- “Casting Out Fear” by Garret Keizer;
- ”In Lieu of Flowers” by Jeff Pym;
- “When is Enough Enough?” by Shane Stanford;
- “More than Just My Piggy Bank” by Valerie Hogue;
- “Helping Clergy with Money Anxiety” by Robert Hoffman;
- “Making Stewardship People” by Martin E. Marty;
- “Quick Steps to Restore Trust” by David L. Horne.
The magazine includes a center section that outlines a simple response method for an annual congregational stewardship emphasis which can be used “as is” or supplemented with additional theme materials and companion resources. Search by theme in our web store for a complete list of materials that feature this theme.
Once payment is complete you shall receive an automatic email from the website entitled “Your Ecumenical Stewardship Center order from Month Day, Year is complete. This email will contain links to the product that you ordered.
If you ordered physical products as well then your order will not be considered complete until those items can be mailed out.