Giving:Growing Joyful Stewards in Your Congregation volume 18 is titled “Live Simply”. It is the second in a four-year series based on I Timothy 6:18-19: “They are to do good, to be rich in good works, generous, and ready to share, thus storing up for themselves the treasure of a good foundation for the future, so that they may take hold of the life that really is life.” “Live Simply” also focuses on Philippians 4:11: “Not that I am referring to being in need, for I have learned to be content with whatever I have.”
Giving volume 18 is packed with many outstanding reflective and practical articles to encourage generous giving and faithful stewardship. Articles and writers include:
- “Simple Living and Christian Stewardship” by M. Douglas Meeks;
- “Cultivating Contentment: Five Steps for Simplifying Your Life” by Adam Hamilton;
- “Generosity in Community”, an interview with Shane Claiborne;
- “Reducing College Debt: a Group Ride” by Debon Matthews.
The magazine includes a center section with an easy-to-use, adaptable congregational stewardship emphasis with four sub-themes:
- Live Simply: Follow Jesus;
- Live Simply: Face the Truth;
- Live Simply: Act Together;
- Live Simply: Share Enough.
The center section of the magazine outlines a simple response method for an annual congregational stewardship emphasis which can be used “as is” or supplemented with additional theme materials and companion resources. Search by theme in our web store for a complete list of materials that feature this theme.
Once payment is complete you shall receive an automatic email from the website entitled “Your Ecumenical Stewardship Center order from Month Day, Year is complete.” This email will contain links to the product that you ordered.
If you ordered physical products as well then your order will not be considered complete until those items can be mailed out.