Twenty-first century North American culture has presented unprecedented challenges for the church and a new sense of what it means to practice our faith courageously. This includes our understanding of the spiritual discipline of stewardship and how we live that out through our generosity.
The Live Courageously response method suggests every home visits. In our technology-driven, overscheduled culture, we may think personal visits are passe or impossible. Yet many of us—and perhaps surprisingly, especially younger generations— welcome the opportunity for personal conversation. While often expected in conjunction with a capital campaign, visits related to your annual financial response provide a great opportunity to talk about faith, your congregation’s mission and vision, hopes and dreams for your church, and the importance of consistent giving. Resources for four worship services are also included, with financial commitments presented on the fourth Sunday.
The Live Courageously theme can be used with the Live Free, Live Simply, and Live Generously themes for a four-year emphasis focusing on 1 Timothy 6:18-19.
- 1 Timothy 6:18-19, Psalm 31:24
- Response Method:
- Every Home Visit
The Starter Kit contains digital files of materials to engage your congregation in your stewardship emphasis: bulletin inserts, commitment cards, themed letterhead and envelopes, and more. They are designed for in-house use and are not guaranteed for successful use by commercial printers.
The Live Courageously Digital Starter Kit includes a PDF file of each of the following:
- four bulletin inserts
- commitment card: adults and children
- letterhead and matching envelopes
- bulletin cover in 8.5 x 14″ and 8.5 x 11″ formats
- The Starter Kit also includes two logos:
- A .png file of the Live Generously logo for use in e-newsletters, PowerPoint presentations, and basic print publications and word processing functions;
- An .eps file of the Live Generously logo to create an approximately 5’ x 3.5’ banner. This file meets standards for professional print and design projects and is designed for use with professional-style software applications such as Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, and CorelDraw.
A coordinating easy-to-use, adaptable plan for the Live Generously stewardship emphasis is sold separately in the corresponding issue of the Giving: Growing Joyful Stewards in Your Congregation magazine volume 20.
Additional worship and study resources are available in the Live Courageously Companion Resource.
After your payment is received, you will receive an automatic email from the Ecumenical Stewardship Center with the subject line “Your Ecumenical Stewardship Center order from Month Day, Year is complete.” This email will contain website links to all resources that you ordered. Click on the link and use the procedures of your particular browser to download the files.
If you ordered physical products as well then your order will not be considered complete until those items can be mailed out.