One of the simplest—and at the same time most comprehensive—descriptions of Christian stewardship is that it is “everything we do after we say we believe.” Living more simply involves reclaiming Christian discipleship as our priority, including stewarding our resources faithfully and giving generously. We know that Paul’s contentment came from his life in Christ.
The Live Simply response method focuses on four worship services and a simple meal and program for all generations. Commitment cards are shared at the meal event.
The Live Simply theme can be used with the Live Free, Live Generously, and Live Courageously themes for a four-year emphasis focusing on 1 Timothy 6:18-19.
- 1 Timothy 6:18-19, Philippians 4:11
- Response Method:
The Starter Kit contains digital files of materials to engage your congregation in your stewardship emphasis: bulletin inserts, commitment cards, themed letterhead and envelopes, and more. They are designed for in-house use and are not guaranteed for successful use by commercial printers.
The Live Simply Digital Starter Kit includes a PDF file of each of the following:
- four bulletin inserts
- letter and legal-sized bulletin covers
- commitment cards: adults and children
- a poster
- letterhead and matching envelopes
The Starter Kit also includes two logos:
- A .png file of the Live Simply logo for use in e-newsletters, PowerPoint presentations, and basic print publications and word processing functions
- An .eps file of the Live Simply logo to create an approximately 5’ x 3.5’ banner. This file meets standards for professional print and design projects and is designed for use with professional-style software applications such as Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, and CorelDraw.
A coordinating easy-to-use, adaptable plan for the Live Simply emphasis is sold separately in the corresponding issue of the Giving: Growing Faithful Stewards in Your Congregation – volume 18: Live Simply.
Additional worship and study resources are available in the Live Simply Companion Resource.
After your payment is received, you will receive an automatic email from the Ecumenical Stewardship Center with the subject line “Your Ecumenical Stewardship Center order from Month Day, Year is complete.” This email will contain website links to all resources that you ordered. Click on the link and use the procedures of your particular browser to download the files.
If you ordered physical products as well then your order will not be considered complete until those items can be mailed out.